Head of Carbon Services
This is an exciting new role in a fast-growing sustainability advisory working to enable businesses to prosper by being a force for good. We are driven by our passion to help fix our planet and inspire society to change for the better.
What we’re looking for
We are a growing team of Seismic Changemakers, and we are now seeking our Head of Carbon Services to help drive forward the next phase of impact and business growth.
Why? B Corp is the “front door” to our business, and rightly quickly leads to carbon discussions. We have outstanding capabilities currently in the team delivering many impactful long term Carbon projects. Now is the right time for a proven leader to join the team to own, drive and build our impact and capabilities in this area.
We couldn’t think of a more exciting time to join our team, given our momentum in the market, our recent B Corp certification, our SBTi Net Zero commitments and our incredible success in the Escape the City Top 100. Our culture is vital to us, and we are collectively critical to driving it in the way that will enable us to deliver on our 2nd vision statement of making Seismic the best place you have ever worked.
This is an exciting role in a growing business and will need a high level of energy, leadership, teamship, creativity and organisation to provide the impact we need.
The role and its responsibilities
The exact role definition will be dependent on the desire, capability and experiences of the right person. Key responsibilities are likely to include:
- Leading the strategy, growth objectives and delivery capabilities of our Carbon Services, Net Zero, and SBTi service line
- Member of the Seismic Senior Strategy Group
- Member of our core Impact Development team, focused on helping our clients utilise us in the most valuable and impactful ways for them
- Leading process improvement and optimisation within carbon services
- Identifying needs that the clients may not recognise and ensuring approaches and solutions are linked to objectives and future needs.
- Working with the leadership team to grow our Sustainability services in the UK and elsewhere in Europe.
- Building strong and lasting relationships with colleagues, clients and our wider community
- Representing Seismic at industry events across the UK and Europe
- You are passionate about sustainability and have proven, relevant experience at a senior level, including helping organisations set strategies across the range of ESG and carbon topics.
- You have a proven track record of securing new business from existing and new clients in a strategic way that adds genuine value and impact.
- You have successful track record as a leader in a sustainability services business
- You are comfortable giving feedback, even to senior management, with the spirit and intention needed to deliver our impact
- You act with empathy in a ‘human first’ way at all times.
- You have great communication skills (verbal and written), especially when it comes to communicating recommendations to clients and colleagues
- You are excited about the opportunity to be part of a high performing team, learning and growing with Seismic as we deliver our vision.
Ideally, you will be within commuting distance of our office in London, with flexible home working arrangements available.
We believe in flexible working hours to better suit our personal lives while being considerate of each other and our clients. We generally work office hours but trust each other to make fair decisions.
At Seismic, we have 2 key goals within the next 5 years:
- To be the best employer that you have ever had.
- To enable 10 million people to join the shift.
We don’t just talk the talk, we walk the walk! We’re a certified B Corp, which means we’re independently verified for our positive impact and we were recognised by Escape the City as one of the top 100 purposeful organisations to ‘escape’ to in 2023!
Along with creating impact through everything we do, connecting and building relationships is a core priority for us. This goes for our team too, which is made up of a strong mix of B Corp, Net Zero & ESG expertise throughout the UK and Europe.
We love working with our clients. From start-ups to multinational billion dollar corporates, we are committed to enabling them to prosper by helping them become ever more impactful forces for good.
All that’s missing is you!
Salary & benefits
- Salary and benefits are competitive and dependent on skills and experience.
- Personal Development Plan with budgetary support.
- 25 days annual leave plus an extra day off for your birthday.
Seismic is an equal opportunities employer
Seismic recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age. We are building a world class team and we know we need a diverse mix of talented people doing their best work.