Are you ready to make a Seismic change? Join us in leading the shift.
This is an exciting new role in a fast-growing sustainability consultancy working to enable businesses to prosper by being a force for good. We are driven by our passion to help fix our planet and inspire society to change for the better.
What we’re looking for
A Finance Assistant with experience of working within a finance department across a range of financial duties.
The role and responsibilities
You will play a key role in the day-to-day operations of the finance function in this role, reporting directly to the Finance & Operations Manager.
Initially, you’ll work closely with the Finance and Ops Manager to learn about our internal systems and processes, as well as how we interact with clients and support their needs.
As you settle in, you’ll be supporting in areas including:
- Bookkeeping – finance inbox triage, data entry into our accounting software system, creating sales invoices, processing internal expense claims and payments.
- Month end – revenue and bank reconciliations.
- Credit control – following up with clients to ensure timely payments.
- Providing operational support to the wider business as required.
As you become more experienced you’ll be given further responsibility, and the opportunity to become more involved in monthly reporting.
You believe that humanity and businesses need to make a seismic shift in the right direction and want to apply your finance and analytical capabilities to help make that happen. At the same time you want to work in a friendly, collaborative and empathetic team who are delivering impactful projects for high-profile clients.
To be successful in this role you would need the following attributes:
- You have the ambition to grow a career in finance, with some relevant experience already gained within a finance department.
- You are action oriented with a keen eye for detail, can juggle multiple priorities and enjoy just the right amount of time pressure to help keep productive and focused.
- You are a ‘people person’ with a knack for building relationships across a diverse group of people.
Much of your work will be directly supporting the Finance & Ops Manager but you will also work with the wider team, so you’ll need to be a team player and reliable.
We manage large workloads that require efficient delivery. Being organised with the ability to multitask will be key for this position.
You’ll be dealing with urgent tasks and will be involved in meetings, so it’s important that you are confident in your communication and can remain professional at all times.
Additionally, you’ll be emailing clients and suppliers directly, so you’ll need to hold an excellent level of written English.
You are passionate about sustainability, have plenty to offer, and know you have even more to learn.
You are more excited by the opportunities of working for a fast growing, ever evolving, purpose-driven business than for a large corporate.
Ideally you will be within commuting distance of our London office.
We believe in flexible working hours to better suit our personal lives while being considerate of each other. We generally work office hours but trust each other to make fair decisions.
At Seismic, we have 2 key goals within the next 5 years:
- To be the best employer that you have ever had
- To enable 10 million people to join the shift
Along with creating impact through everything we do, connecting and building relationships is a core priority for us. This goes for our team too, which is made up of a strong mix of B Corp, Net Zero & ESG expertise throughout the UK and Europe.
We love working with our clients. From start-ups to multinational corporations, we are committed to enabling them to prosper by helping them become ever more impactful forces for good.
All that’s missing is you!
Salary & benefits
- Salary and benefits are competitive and dependent on skills and experience
- Personal development plan with budgetary support
- 23 days annual leave plus an extra day off for your birthday
Seismic is an equal opportunities employer
Seismic recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age. We are building a world class team and we know we need a diverse mix of talented people doing their best work.
How to apply.
If you are shortlisted, we’ll invite you to an online interview and if successful to a final interview which may be in person. At the end of the application process we’ll share how well you performed.