This is an exciting new role in a fast-growing sustainability advisory working to enable businesses to prosper by being a force for good. We are driven by our passion to help fix our planet and inspire society to change for the better.
What we’re looking for
We are a growing team of Seismic Changemakers, and we are now seeking a new Senior Sustainability Consultant to help drive forward the next phase of impact and business growth.
We couldn’t think of a more exciting time to join our team, given our momentum in the market, our recent B Corp certification and our incredible success in the Escape the City Top 100. Our culture is vital to us, and we are collectively critical to driving it in the way that will enable us to deliver on our 2nd vision statement of making Seismic the best place you have ever worked.
This is an exciting role in a growing business and will need a high level of energy, motivation, teamship, creativity and organisation to provide the impact we need.
The role and its responsibilities
The exact role definition will be dependent on the desire, capability and experiences of the right person. Key responsibilities are likely to include:
- Leading a portfolio of clients on their sustainability and ESG journey using the B Impact Assessment as a core framework.
- Uncovering and driving opportunities to grow the impact of client relationships.
- Delivering a high quality service that enables long term impact.
- Guiding and developing more junior members of the Consulting team in key delivery areas
- Building strong and lasting relationships with colleagues, clients and our wider community.
- Identifying needs that the clients may not recognise and ensuring approaches and solutions are linked to objectives and future needs.
- Working with the leadership team to grow our Sustainability and B Corp services in the UK and elsewhere in Europe.
- You are passionate about Sustainability with strong experience of the corporate sustainability market.
- You have a professional background in sustainability consulting, either as a consultant or senior consultant with particular emphasis on
- Materiality Assessments,
- Sustainability Strategy Development
- B Corp
- You are able to work with, and manage, a broad range of external client stakeholders, simultaneously, in a collaborative way.
- You have a proven track record of securing new business from existing and new clients in a strategic way that adds genuine value and impact.
- You act with empathy in a ‘human first’ way at all times.
- You have enjoyed coaching and training colleagues.
- You are comfortable giving feedback, even to senior management, with the spirit and intention needed to deliver our impact.
- You have great communication skills (verbal and written), especially when it comes to communicating recommendations to clients and colleagues.
- You are excited about the opportunity to be part of a high performing team, learning and growing with Seismic as we deliver our vision.
Ideally, you will be within commuting distance of our office in London, with flexible home working arrangements available.
We believe in flexible working hours to better suit our personal lives while being considerate of each other and our clients. We generally work office hours but trust each other to make fair decisions.
At Seismic, we have 2 key goals within the next 5 years:
- To be the best employer that you have ever had.
- To enable 10 million people to join the shift.
We don’t just talk the talk, we walk the walk! We’re a certified B Corp, which means we’re independently verified for our positive impact and we were recognised by Escape the City as one of the top 100 purposeful organisations to ‘escape’ to in 2023!
Along with creating impact through everything we do, connecting and building relationships is a core priority for us. This goes for our team too, which is made up of a strong mix of B Corp, Net Zero & ESG expertise throughout the UK and Europe.
We love working with our clients. From start-ups to multinational billion dollar corporates, we are committed to enabling them to prosper by helping them become ever more impactful forces for good.
All that’s missing is you!
Salary & benefits
- Salary and benefits are competitive and dependent on skills and experience.
- Personal Development Plan with budgetary support.
- 25 days annual leave plus an extra day off for your birthday.
Seismic is an equal opportunities employer
Seismic recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age. We are building a world class team and we know we need a diverse mix of talented people doing their best work.