Impact Development Manager (Business Development Executive)
Seismic was born out of a collective view that we need a Seismic shift to help change society and fix our planet.
We believe that the business community has a huge opportunity and responsibility to help make that happen. We have the vision to help 10 million people join the shift.
What we’re looking for
We are a growing team of Seismic Changemakers, and we are now seeking a new Impact Development Manager to help drive forward the next phase of impact and business growth.
We couldn’t think of a more exciting time to join our team, given our momentum in the market, our recent B Corp certification and our incredible success in the Escape the City Top 100. Our culture is vital to us, and we are collectively critical to driving it in the way that will enable us to deliver on our 2nd vision statement of making Seismic the best place you have ever worked.
This is an exciting role in a growing business and will need a high level of energy, motivation, teamship, creativity and organisation to provide the impact we need.
The role and responsibilities
- You will be at the heart of our high growth business, supporting our cofounders and the wider team with business development opportunities.
- You will undertake pricing and create proposals and presentations to meet our client’s varying and specialist requirements, guided by our expert consulting team.
- Client communication to drive sales forward will be a critical part of the role, though you will be supported throughout by an experienced sales leader.
- There will be an element of diary management support to arrange client meetings.
- You will help manage our client relationship management system.
- You will analyse business development data and provide insights to help steer us towards higher performance.
- You are a practical “doer”, you are organised and you push yourself and others.
- You ideally have had some exposure to a professional services working environment.
- You act with empathy in a ‘human first’ way at all times.
- You are comfortable giving feedback, even to senior management, with the spirit and intention needed to deliver our impact.
- You are passionate about sustainability and have knowledge of the corporate sustainability market.
- You are excited about the opportunity to be part of a high performing business development team, learning and growing with Seismic as we deliver our vision.
Ideally, you will be within commuting distance of London, with flexible home working.
We believe in flexible working hours to better suit our personal lives while being considerate of each other and our clients. We generally work office hours but trust each other to make fair decisions. Part-time working would be considered.
At Seismic, we have 2 key goals within the next 5 years:
- To be the best employer that you have ever had.
- To enable 10 million people to work for B Corps & Net Zero committed companies.
We don’t just talk the talk, we walk the walk! We’re a certified B Corp, which means we’re independently verified for our positive impact and we were recognised by Escape the City as one of the top 100 purposeful organisations to ‘escape’ to in 2023!
Along with creating impact through everything we do, connecting and building relationships is a core priority for us. This goes for our team too, which is made up of a strong mix of B Corp, Net Zero & ESG expertise throughout the UK and Europe.
We love working with our clients. From start-ups to multinational billion dollar corporates, we are committed to enabling them to prosper by helping them become ever more impactful forces for good. All that’s missing is you!
Salary & benefits
- Salary and benefits are competitive and dependent on skills and experience
- Personal development plan with budgetary support
- 23 days annual leave plus an extra day off for your birthday
Seismic is an equal opportunities employer
Seismic recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age. We are building a world class team and we know we need a diverse mix of talented people doing their best work.
How to apply.
If you are shortlisted, we’ll invite you to an online interview and if successful to a final interview which may be in person. At the end of the application process we’ll share how well you performed.